Monday, October 25, 2010

Time for a Clean Slate

Ok, so training-wise, last week was pretty much a wash. I think I trained a total of 5-6 hours, and only about half of what I did was actually one my training schedule. But the good news is that it's Monday, which means I get a fresh start - a whole new schedule that isn't messed up yet. And I'm going to get it started right by doing my hill workout on the bike today during my lunch time at work - definitely one of the perks of working about 1/4 mile from White Rock Lake! I've got Tex in the car ready to ride, and all my cycling gear, so I am ready to rock those hills before lunch.

Even though my training wasn't perfect this weekend, I still had a great time. As most of you know by now, I'm seeing a new guy (his name is Ken), and I got spend a good chunk (i.e. almost all) of the weekend with him. Friday we went out to the bar with some of his buddies, then on Saturday I went to coach and when I came back we took Jake (the golden retriever) for a long run in the rain, followed by lunch and a nap, and then Liz Raz's awesome Halloween/Costume/Birthday party that night! (See facebook for lots of embarrassing and some mildly inappropriate photos). Sunday morning we had a late breakfast, and took Jake to the dog park before I went home to actually be productive for a few hours. I have to be honest - it's a little hard to be truly disappointed in my lack of proper training when I'm having an absolute blast with this guy. But I am still determined to do much better this week.

So stay tuned to see whether or not I'm true to my word...

1 comment:

  1. AHAHAHA! You are soo right "lots of emarrassing & mildly inappropriate" photos! Had a blast so glad you came out!!! BTW...Ken is dreamy ;-)

    ReplyDelete