Friday, October 8, 2010

Three Days Down... Approximately 355 To Go...

Ok, so my first three days of official training for Beijing have been a success. YES! This is probably the first time in over a year where I've down three consecutive days of training exactly the way I was supposed to. Pretty sad, right? But that's why consistency is my #1 goal for this year.

Granted, I've kind of had it easy this week with Staci and Ahmed being out of town for Kona. Frees up the schedule quite a bit not having to drive into Dallas every day to work. But still - I'm glad that I'm off to a strong start. Let's see how many days I can go without missing a single assigned training session! It will be like, a game. Start placing your bets now...

I'm supposed to do the Monster Tri in Denton next weekend... of course... the balance in my checking account at the moment says otherwise... but that's what savings are for! Right? Right? I'm going to make it my first goal to do all of my training up through that race - then we'll go from there. It's crazy, because two years ago I never struggled for motivation - granted, two years ago I wasn't dealing with the after effects of mono (never, ever get that horrible, horrible virus). But still - I picture old Morgan looking at current Morgan and thinking Geez lady, pull it together. Don't fear, old Morgan - I am on it. In another year, I will have accomplished things you only dreamed of.

I still have to swim today - I coached some guys in the pool earlier, then needed a break before I did my own workout. Coaching takes it out of me. Needless to say, I missed Masters again this morning... 5:30 is just SO early! Not sure if that is going to work out or not... I'm going to try harder next week, but as long as I'm getting the swim time on my schedule in, I'm not going to worry about it.

It's going to be a slow night tonight - just work to catch up on and (tw0!) weddings to prepare for. (I just bought Jeremy a new dress shirt at Target so that he would have something to wear, though I feel bad that he is going to have to sport it two days in a row... oh well). Who would have thought two of my best friends would get married on the same weekend? How's that for coincidence? Oh well, as long as it doesn't interfere with my training...

Adios muchachos!

No comments:

Post a Comment