Monday, October 11, 2010

Success!

Last week, I did not miss a single workout. NOT ONE. This is serious business. The old Morgan is back!

Now if I can just make it through this weekend without missing any workouts, it will be time to celebrate! And by celebrate I mean continue to work out consistently, eat healthy, and get lots of sleep. Yes.

Today I have a one hour swim - I think I am officially going to have to give up on the Masters swim program as I think that I'm just not going to be able to do the 5:00 AM thing. I mean that is early. And anyways I seem to be pushing myself just fine in swim workouts these days, so no real loss. I'm almost enjoying swimming... which I didn't even think was possible. At least, not when I was doing it in a pool anyways. I can't wait to show off my mad underwater skills next September. Watch out Bejing!

I had two weddings to attend this weekend - one on Saturday and one on Sunday. I'm still amazed that I got in all of my workouts on both of those days. Especially since I think I had some questionable cheesecake on Saturday night, and I woke up feeling less than my best on Sunday... And I'm definitely feeling less than my best today because, well, let's be honest - there was an open bar and a lot of good food last night and if you're not going to over-indulge at a wedding then when are you? Exactly. But I'm through after this weekend. New goal? 2 full months and no alcohol. Yep. And if I get to 2, I might just make it 3. Did you know that your body experiences negative after effects from alcohol for up to 40 DAYS after drinking?? That is a long freaking time (thank you Lisa Powell for enlightening all of us at July's Playtri meeting!). So, needless to say, I'm taking a good hard look at my current beverage habits, and I'm planning to make some changes.

I don't know yet what the rest of this week holds in terms of training, but I know Staci and Ahmed return from Kona on Wednesday, so I'll be back in Dallas for Thursday and Friday. I've got plenty to do today as I really didn't get anything done this weekend like I originally planned. First I'm headed to Hobby Lobby to pick up some supplies to start crafting the awards for the DFW Year End Triathlon Celebration. Fun : )

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment