Sunday, October 17, 2010

A Fun Weekend and a Spooky Morning!

I have to say, this has been a particularly great weekend. While I missed my bike ride on Saturday, I got all of my other workouts in, and had a fun race at the Monster Triathlon II in Denton this morning.

It all started with dinner and wine at Guiseppe's on Friday night with a new friend. Nice to relax after a long day with good food and good conversation. And I got my 1 hour swim in ahead of time! Productive and fun.

Yesterday, I coached the NT3 kids in the morning, then hit McDonald's to fuel for my run. Yes. Chicken McNuggets. Don't judge. The weather was absolutely perfect yesterday, very fall, very beautiful. During my run I almost ran head-first into the homecoming parade, so I had to take a detour and headed west down Panhandle to the sounds of the UNT marching band. My run felt solid - I did it in my VFF's. I'm trying to do all of my runs in them again, now that Nationals is over. I can definitely use the extra muscle. Soon enough I'll be hitting the weights quite a bit to try and improve my base strength for the speed I'll need come next summer and fall. I can't wait.

Last night I went to the UNT football game with some good friends. We left at halftime because, well, we were already losing epically, and anyways we were all starving. We hit Sweetwater for beer, friend pickles, and some really questionable seafood gumbo. Then we headed back to Regina and Matt's home to watch some late night TV. It was a fun night.

Then, this morning, I raced in the Monster Tri, with about half of my UNT athletes and one of my NT3 kiddos. Everyone had a good morning, and a good time. For me, every event was good, but not great. 1:45 100's in the swim, 19-ish average on the bike, 7:11 miles on the run. Just good - not great. I didn't podium, which is kind of unusual for me in local races. But at the same time, I was still happy because I know I raced smart and didn't overdo it, and still had some decent times. It was a good race to wrap my season up with, especially since all of my athletes also had good days. (Well, minus James almost drowning trying to swim in his Green Man costume). Gabby (my 11 year old NT3 girl) actually BEAT me in the run, with 6:56/mile average! She is smoking! I was so proud - of her, and all of my UNT athletes. And apparently, I had some fans who came to watch, but unfortunately we never saw each other - hopefully next time : ) This afternoon, well... you can find out what I was doing this afternoon if you come to the RBM/Playtri DFW Triathlon Year End Celebration this Thursday at Cantina Laredo on Dallas Parkway at 7:00 PM. Curious? Come find out!

I'm looking forward to getting my training schedule for next week - it's time to kick some more butt!

Happy training everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment