Friday, October 15, 2010

Lesson #2 - Alcohol is not my Friend

Ok. I know what you're thinking. I went to college - I should have learned this lesson already. But the thing is, college-age bodies handle things better than bodies in their mid-twenties. Surprisingly better, as I discovered after one too many trips to the open bar at my girlfriend's wedding (at which my ex-boyfriend was my date - yes, also not my best idea ever) this past Sunday. Fast forward to Monday morning when I wake up, queasy, slightly dizzy, and with a headache I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. Yep that's right - I'm not sick. I'm hungover.

I don't even remember the last time I was hungover. And let me tell you, it does not go well with swimming. I put off my one hour swim all day, hoping against hope that the symptoms would fade and I would at least start to feel something resembling normal. But no such luck. So I make my way to the pool around 8:00 PM, imagining how it would feel for my queasy stomach to be bobbing up and down in the water, and really wishing I can rewind to the night before and leave that bottle of wine alone. I actually made it 30 minutes before I had to stop to avoid losing my dinner in the pool. Then I had to call Aaron and explain to him that we needed to modify my plan for the week because I was massively hungover. There is no way for that not to be an embarrassing conversation.

But we did revise, and otherwise, the week has been going really well. I did an hour run last night all around town, and the weather was so perfect and I explored some new streets I hadn't run on before, and got to listen to the Denton High School Band as they practiced for the upcoming football game. It was one of those evenings when I really love Denton. Of course, I did have to turn down an invitation to the Stars game to get the run in... but it was worth it. Nothing like a good, long run. Then a relaxing evening with Chuck, a book, and some laundry. I know. Sometimes I really sound like an old lady. Don't judge.

Ahmed and Staci are back from Kona (and they brought me back some 100% Kona coffee - yeeeeeeees), and I spent most of the work day today updating our website and working on training plans for Ahmed. I've got an hour swim tonight, and then... well, wouldn't you like to know.

But homecoming is tomorrow and the Monster Tri is on Sunday, so I am looking forward to a fun weekend. Life is good.

Au revoir, mis amis

1 comment:

  1. just wait until your 30's! I can't even drink liquor anymore!! lol Have a fun weekend!!

    ReplyDelete