Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Lost Week

So, we had this ice storm come through. Maybe you heard about it. It happened to be the same week we were having the Super Bowl here.

And maybe it messed up some people's plans for the week. Mine included.

Over a solid inch of ice on the roads from Tuesday-Friday this week keep myself and about 99% of the DFW community stuck inside for four days straight, leading to missed workouts, missed work, and very poor eating habits involving alcohol and high levels of fat. I don't think any of us are particularly proud of this.

My feedback report that I sent to Aaron today read something like this:

Monday:
1 hour swim, 2000m, felt good after my hard swim the day before, looking forward to tomorrow's workout.

Tuesday:
Fail.

Wednesday:
Fail.

Thursday:
Fail...

Well, you get the idea. On a side note, for those of you who are coached athletes, your coach would still much rather get this than a false record of workouts that you "did." Just a tip. But anyways, it still isn't pretty to read, and after the awesomeness that was the week before, I was pretty cranky by Thursday, and desperately wanting to get out of the FREAKING house. On Friday, I actually walked two miles in the snow just to get breakfast. And it was probably the best walk of my life.

Needless to say, I didn't get to move to Dallas yesterday. The big move has been postponed until tomorrow (Ken declared today a national holiday), so I'll be taking tomorrow off work to get everything moved and get settled into my new digs. Hopefully having White Rock lake less than 300 yards from my door will be inspiration to get even more of my workouts done. Why is it that every time I start to get on a roll I seem to get jacked up?

Freaking weather.

I've been sitting on the edge of sanity all week. Let's hope moving day doesn't push me over, and that I can get back on track on Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there MoJo and get a TRAINER! perfect for these kind of disasters :-/

    ReplyDelete