Monday, February 14, 2011

A Beautiful Day by White Rock Lake

Finally, FINALLY - the warm Texas weather has returned! The temps got up into the 70's yesterday for my run around the lake with my mom. It was such a huge relief to be outside and wanting to lose layers, as opposed to wanting to add them! We had a wonderful run before mom had to head back to Galveston.

This weekend wasn't ideal in terms of training, though. Saturday was spent entirely in Denton, doing last-minute moveout chores. Which of course means I didn't get a workout in - much to my frustration. Sunday was a little better. Getting the hour run in was great, but I didn't swim - though I did get to go and watch Ahmed coach a one-on-one swim at the SMU Nat, which will probably help my stroke just as much as an hour of practicing would have done. He completely changed my notion of rotation while swimming, and I can't wait to work on adjusting my stroke now. And I have some new drills I can try tomorrow!

Of course, today is Valentine's Day. Not Ken's favorite holiday, but I have finagled him into coming down to Dallas for the night, so at least we'll get to spend some time together, and maybe if I'm lucky I'll score some flowers as well. Originally my gift was supposed to be registration for the Austin Half Marathon... until it sold out. I guess he'll have to get creative now. (I'll be doing the 5K in conjunction with the half, now, much to Aaron's apparent relief - I guess all's well that ends well). I have a 30 minute run today, which I'll get in after work once it's a little warmer. My original intention was to hit the trails pre-work, but it was still a little chilly for me. Especially since I knew it would be in the 70's later on!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day, and a great Monday, too. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment