Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Back to Reality... Well, Kind of...

Home again. Back to work, coaching, and my dirty house. And my cranky cat who is by no means pleased that I abandoned him for the weekend. But wait - before things can settle down, I have to make a quick trip to Mexico City!

One of my very best friends in the world is getting married south of the border this weekend, so I'm already packing my bags again to leave tomorrow night. Oh, normalcy... I know you really do exist... someday we will meet again... Needless to say, this will make my first week of training for Beijing somewhat complicated.

I met with my coach, Aaron, today to talk about the coming year. Obviously, my ultimate focus is Beijing, and everything else will sort of be centering around that. With the goal of being competitive at an international level in mind, Aaron asked me to make certain commitments, which I will share with you here:

Starting today:

1. CONSISTENCY - No more excuses and no more missed workouts
2. Daily/weekly feedback and heart rate files - HR files I'm going to start after Mexico
3. Join the local Masters swim team

Starting in January:

1. Two races a month or one race/one one-on-one camp a month - basically two weekends of pain every four weeks
2. Move up to the Platinum plan - I should have done it a long time ago anyways
3. Log my nutrition - UGGGH this will be the toughest thing

So now I have the plan, and all I have to do is follow it - good thing I have a totally bizarre weekend to get me started! But then again, that's my life, so it's probably appropriate.

Adios, amigos!

2 comments:

  1. You can do it!!! Logging isn't so bad once you get into a routine, trust! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. trust me!that's what I meant to say!!

    ReplyDelete