Thursday, September 23, 2010

Tomorrow, Tomorrow!

...we leave for Alabama! Bright and early in the morning - after UNT's open water practice, of course. Then we'll settle in and enjoy our 12 hour drive... Question - should "12 hour drive" and "enjoy" really be allowed in the same sentence? We'll get into old 'Bamy around ten or eleven (at night, obviously), and crash. I'll be skipping the race the following morning - I'd like to watch some of my friends compete, but I know I need to save my energy and my focus for Sunday's event. I'm going to cozy up in the hotel room with a couple of books and that continental breakfast they promise, with breaks to answer some of the 200-odd emails I've gotten regarding the Stonebridge races this weekend.

Today was another wild day - par for the course for pre-race week. Added to that, Ali's birthday party was today, and Staci had to not only handle race logistics, but also the giant bounce-house-slide-combo set up in the backyard. She's basically my hero. Somehow, everything that needed to get done got done and after delivering 20 boxes of swag to RBM for tomorrow's packet pickup, I was free to come home and visit my favorite guy (you all know who he is), cuddle with Chuck, and actually start packing. Just an average day in the life of a Playtri coach!

Now it's most definitely time for sleep - another early morning tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment