Thursday, September 23, 2010

Three Days...

Let the countdown begin! Sprint Nationals is this Sunday - just three days away. Guess what else is this weekend - just guess. That's right, the Playtri RBM Stonebridge Ranch Triathlon! Which means that we are all running around like chickens with our heads cut off trying to make sure everything is ready to go, starting with packet pickup today in Fort Worth. The week before putting on any race is going to be stressful - period. There's always a million last minute things to do, emails to send, things to pick up... and of course doing all of this right before an A race is maybe not exactly ideal. But that's life.

So, of course, my taper has been all over the place this week - I'm getting workouts when and where I can. This morning I snuck in a swim after coaching the UNT triathletes' track practice, though I'm now going to be 30 minutes late to work which means 30 minutes less to do the one million aforementioned last minute things. Now Chuck is watching me type this as I wait for the water to heat up so I can wash off the chlorine and hit the road. He actually has his back turned towards me for the most part - he probably knows I'm leaving him for the weekend. Not to mention that we had exceptionally little cuddle time this morning. So he just gives me the occasional, disdainful over-the-shoulder glance. He's such a cat.

Alright, water is heated, time to start the day. Chuck says I should start by giving him more food. Until next time, amigos...

No comments:

Post a Comment