Saturday, September 25, 2010

11 Hours to Go

I have just had the most relaxing day I've had in probably over a year. I ignored my work emails. I watched college football. I got up and ate breakfast - and then went back to bed. I had easy swim, bike, and run workouts where I was supposed to go slow. I read a book. I had a delicious dinner. And I will be asleep by 10:00. Can I have an A race every week, please?

I am ready for tomorrow. I don't know why, but I feel absurdly confident about this race. For no real reason, I know that I am going to wake up tomorrow and, barring external circumstances outside of my control, have one of the best races of my life. I haven't felt this kind of fierce confidence in almost two years, since before I had mono and had to kind of sidetrack my life a little bit. I've missed feeling this way. I'm still a little anxious - after all, my competitors are still mostly an unknown element - but I know I can suck it up and do what I have to do.

James and I are now in the process of putting stickers all over everything we'll be racing with tomorrow. No one to put the supporter stickers on this time, but I know I have lots of people out there supporting me even though they couldn't be here this weekend. Thanks to all of you for encouraging and being there for me. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for my friends and family. James is about to take an ice bath, and I am about to put on my pj's and climb in bed - it won't take me long to black out tonight. Tomorrow is going to be a long day, as we'll be heading out of 'Bamy as soon as the awards ceremony is over and we can claim our spots for Beijing - ETA for Denton, TX is around 10:00 PM.

Don't forget to check back for pictures of the winning victory dance - the mashed potato - tomorrow or Monday. I promise not to disappoint - my dancing is well worth documenting, I assure you all. I'll get a video if that's possible.

Good night, friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment