Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Tis' The Season for Congestion...

Fa la la la la! La la la LAAA... !

Ok, it's official, I am experiencing the worst allergies I have ever had in my LIFE. I wish I was exaggerating. But it's basically like drowning when you're nowhere near the water, which isn't exactly inspiring me to hit the pool. And it extra stinks because everything is beautiful and warm and blooming outside, but I feel like... yeah. I'm currently working on perfecting the perfect cocktail of drugs to combat this, but I have yet to reach 100% - though the Allegra/Sudafed/Afrin mix does seem to be having a marked effect. My heart's racing a little bit, but that's a small sacrifice at this point. Being able to think and function is totally worth it. And I actually feel like doing my workouts today, as opposed to yesterday when I threw everything out the window to nap for 4 hours and do a 30 minute run. (In my new Adidas Mana's - a bright spot in a dark week).

In case brutal allergies weren't enough, I realized on Sunday that I would have to be at work at 6:00 AM EVERY DAY THIS WEEK! Yippee! Which, actually, I wouldn't mind if the aforementioned allergies weren't already making me a cranky camper. But it means a little less sleep, which means a slightly more compromised immune system, which means... worse allergies!

But I know you don't read this to hear about my pollen woes. And aside from the allergies, it's been a brilliant week so far. I am training to do performance testing for Playtri, and today I finally got to take some of the blood samples, handle the test strips, etc. for our heart rate testing. I had been observing and practicing for weeks, but today I got to do it live and in person, and aside from some nerves, it went really well. It will be great to be able to pick up some of Aaron's early morning tests and save him some 4:30 AM drives from Fort Worth! (4:30 in the morning is just wrong).

After work, I have two speed workouts - a W1 run and a W15 bike (actually, I need to double check the W15 and make sure it isn't hills...). Renee is joining me for the run, which should be fun. She isn't much of a runner at the moment, but it's a fun workout for someone who is somewhat new to the sport. The W15, barring the possibility of hill repeats, will definitely be on the trainer because of this crazy wind we're having today. Oh, and the allergies, of course.

It's a big week... and I'll be wrapping it up with Tri Cowtown this Sunday, so stay tuned for more posts!

Happy training!

1 comment:

  1. Wow... I used to be that committed... but I guess with you being Ms. Coach... you have to be! Good luck at Tri Cowtown Morgan!

    ReplyDelete