Monday, March 21, 2011

Lent - Success So Far!

Ok, so to recap, I gave up being lazy with my workouts for Lent - basically, I just made a resolution to remember that my goal is worth putting in the time that I have committed to it, and not to slack off. And so far, it's going pretty well! Having Mandy and Ken around last week really helped, and then there was no getting around my long run this weekend, because it was my mom's third half marathon! We had a blast running the Seabrook Lucky Trail Half Marathon for the second year in a row - and much better weather this year than last. They hooked us up with lots of fun swag - tech shirts, hats, socks, bags, and awesome medals. It's a great race, and I know we'll go back for years to come. Oh - and I can't forget to mention that my mom PR'ed her half marathon time at the race by over five minutes!! I was so proud of her.

I also enjoyed just having some time to rest and hang out in Galveston this weekend. With race season upon us, things at Playtri have definitely been ramping up, which means more work and more stress - all fun, but it can still wear you out sometimes! So being able to sleep in and do yoga Friday morning, then take a 2 hour nap, was basically like heaven. I also ate about 4 Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches that day. Like I said, heaven.

Sunday morning after the race, mom and I walked about a mile to the new Galveston bakery for hot tea and scones - and to loosen our legs up a little from the day before. I felt incredibly fresh yesterday, for having just run a half the day before. Aside from a little soreness in my quads, I felt awesome - and I hadn't run more thant 6 miles at one time in the past four months. The Playtri training method works!

Mom and I spent some time talking about Beijing during the trip - USAT is offering a good package deal for the race that covers lodging, bike travel, travel to all events, an interpreter, etc. Lots of good stuff, and it's very reasonably priced. Now we just have to figure out the plane tickets... But it's all worth it because in just 7 MONTHS I will be racing on the 2008 Olympic triathlon course with athletes from all over the world! And hopefully kicking a lot of butt. That's an inspiring thought for the day - it should get me through my swim tonight : )

Happy training everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment