Monday, December 6, 2010

Bike? What's a Bike?

...Clearly I've forgotten, because there is no other way that my bike heart rate test this morning could have been THAT painful. I mean ouch. It was ugly. And heart rate tests are never exactly pretty to begin with, so you get the picture. And I might as well have forgotten what a bike is for all the riding I've been doing lately. Tex has been sadly neglected, and he is getting lonely. I'm worried he is going to run off with another triathlete.

But despite my hour of hurt this morning, the past few days have been pretty nice. Friday night Ken and I did the Denton Reindeer Romp at South Lakes Park - a 4.2 mile run. I averaged about an 8 minute mile according to the times, but we're fairly certain the course was long. Anyways, we both took second in our respective age groups, and afterwards we hit Rooster's for some barbeque, followed by some "framboise biere" (pink but delicious!) back at my place. ...aaaand then we passed out. Saturday I ran some errands, and then that night we had an event for Ken's public administration program - it was at the Addison Town Hall (very cool old building), and they had free food, live music, and an open bar (which later on in the evening proved to be not such a good thing... but more on that later). I got to meet some of Ken's school friends, which was fun - they were all very nice people. We went to Sherlocks after the event was winding down, but didn't stay too long. On the way home, the combined alcohol from the evening turned on me and we had to make a brief, um, pit stop in Lewisville. And the hangover the next morning wasn't too pleasant either. But, well... it happens. It just has to stop happening once we get back from Europe in January. I think I can, I think I can...

I'm not an alcoholic, I promise. I'm not even a big drinker. And I'm a total lightweight.

Anyways, Sunday was a very relaxing day - Ken and I took Jake to the dog park, and had brunch at Le Peep. Then I took about a 3 hour nap before taking care of a bunch of chores that had been piling up, especially since my disposal was broken up until Wednesday. The kitchen was a mess - that was probably the least pleasant thing I had to deal with. But everything looks lovely now, and I got fresh flowers for the rooms, too.

Tonight I'll be coaching my UNT'ers, and tomorrow evening is the Playtri coaches dinner at Maggiano's! Woooohoo! And I set the dinner info, so I know we'll be eating well. The only bummer is that Ken has class, but it was the only night that all of the coaches could be there, so I took one for the team. I'll bring home some leftovers.

Tomorrow is another early morning, with my run heart rate test at 7:30. It's going to be an early night tonight...

1 comment:

  1. ahhhh young love....:-)
    MAGGIANO'S!! that's my FAVORITE! enjoy girl and eat your heart out!!

    ReplyDelete