Friday, December 10, 2010

Tis' the Season to be Si-ick

Yes... I edited the lyrics a little bit. But it's just so true.

Monday was a super productive day, but about half way through, I felt a little tickle in my throat. Never a good sign. By that night, the tickle was more like an itch, and by Tuesday morning, it was a full blown sore throat. So instead of infecting the entire Playtri staff, I stayed home from work (and the coaches dinner at Maggiano's - a real bummer), and did some work on the computer. "Some" is a very flexible word, though - in this case it really means "very little," because I spent most of the day sleeping, drinking hot beverages, and eating comfort food. It actually would have been a completely awesome day... if I hadn't felt like crap. I went back to work on Wednesday, but I'm still not fully recovered, which means no training - ARRRGH! Because I obviously wasn't doing enough of THAT already. Very frustrating, but it's good that I've learned when to suck it up and keep going, and when to suck it up and take a break. Hard, but good.

Last night Ken and I went to Giuseppe's for dinner - I hadn't seen him all week, thanks to UNT finals, so it was good to have some quality time together. The wine and pasta was nice, too. Granted, it all would have been nicer if I could have gone 10 minutes without desperately needing to blow my nose, but I'll still take it. It was a nice break from work and laying around feeling sick, which is basically what the rest of the week has been.

It's hard to believe that it's already Friday, but it IS, so I am going to celebrate with Christmas movies and good food. And good wine. And Theraflu. Naturally. Oh, and with Ken, once his study group is finished. I'll be glad when finals are over : )

In other news... I'm moving to Dallas! Ok, not tomorrow or anything, but possibly in January if I find the right place. I've been putting it off, but it's time - I'm spending way too much time and gas commuting, and rental prices are actually pretty good right now in the Uptown/White Rock neighborhoods. It will be fun to be someplace new after living in Denton for SEVEN YEARS. I still can't believe it's been that long. So it's time for a change. It kind of sucks that I'll be moving away from Ken, but I think he'll be moving when his lease is up, too, so I might as well go now while the prices are good. And they really are pretty great.

Anyways, this has been a very rambly post... I'll try to be more focused in the next one.

Happy weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment