Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tickets, Uniforms, and Second Overall at the Playtri Festival!

Wow! The last two weeks have been CRAZY - work, life, and everything in between, but I have totally been loving it!

Quick catch-up - Playtri Festival was two weekends ago, and after working 12 hour days ahead of time, I managed to take 2nd overall out of the women in the sprint race on Sunday, with a PR 5K pace of 6:29/minute. 1st place beat me by less than two minutes, so I guess I'm just going to have to work a little bit harder next time! It was a rough weekend for a lot of reasons, but somehow, as I was sitting on the edge of the canal, waiting for the swim to begin, I just felt really calm and like I was in the right place, doing what I was supposed to be doing. It was an awesome feeling, and it left me feeling really centered and focused the rest of the race, despite how tired, sore, and mentally exhausted I had been just moments before. I drafted almost the entire swim and definitely PR-ed my open water 750m time, then went on to catch almost every woman in my wave on the bike... and then found the rest of them (except for one, of course!) on the run, where I just felt like I was flying. My Baker's athlete Tim ran the last quarter of a mile in with me (after doing the Oly - he is such a beast!), and encouraged me all the way to the finish - what an awesome client! It was such a great morning and a great day, and I got to spend it with my mom as well, who had come up for the weekend. Totally perfect.

Then last week was crazy as we prepared for the Swim Across America and Dirty Rock events this pask weekend in Rockwall. Lots of manual labor and working outside in the sun, but totally worth it because the Swim Across America event on Saturday raised $350,000 for the Baylor Charles A. Sammons Cancer Center right here in Dallas!!!! Lots of participants told me it was one of the smoothest, most relaxed events they had ever been to, and truthfully it did go really well, and it was so great to watch all of the swimmers out there doing their thing.

After that, well, the truth comes out - I actually had a date : )

Yep, and it was totally awesome - very possibly the best first date I have ever been on. No kidding. And then we went out again on Sunday. So that part of the weekend was just awesome. But more details on all that at a later date. Don't get nosy on me.

So, last but not least, today I got to do TWO totally awesome things - book my mom and mine's tickets for Beijing, and order my TEAM USA UNIFORM!!!

I woke up at 6:30 AM this morning, ordered my suit, warm up pants and jacket, parade shirt, personalized polos for my mom and I and my Team USA backpack - OMG I WAS SO FREAKING EXCITED! Then I had a bowl of cereal and went back to bed for an hour.

But this just means... it's real! It's actually happening! I am on Team USA and I'm going to Beijing to compete in a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP!

I'm so grateful and excited and just super happy that I actually get to do this - now I just have to keep getting faster so that I can not only go, but also kick lots of butt : )

Thank you everyone for all of your support up to this point. My friends and family are the best.

Happy training everybody!



No comments:

Post a Comment